Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Computer Vacation

PhilDad and Tori on Brasstown Bald

Dad is wrapping up his visit right now with several encores of Slow Ride on Guitar Hero. Yesterday, we walked 1/2 mile straight up Brasstown Bald, Georgia's highest point, and then scarfed down boiled peanuts at a farm stand sporting rebel flags alongside good old American ones. Today was lazy but concluded nicely with Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. (Without giving anything away: did anybody else think they wanted to preclude the possibility of yet another sequel with that last scene with Indy scooping up his hat?)

What I really wanted to say today is that I think I have spent fewer than 30 minutes a day on-line since my four-day weekend began. It has been downright freeing. I had no idea I felt so handcuffed to this machine.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought the same thing today at the end of Indy. I really enjoyed the movie despite my normally low tolerance for ridiculousness. But this was Indiana Jones and it didn't bother me a bit.

Good for you for setting the PC aside for the weekend.

Stacy said...

Your hair is adorable! I love it short like that. We liked Indy as well - so nice to get out and see a summer movie. Hope you and your dad had a nice visit.

Anonymous said...

I love your hair! So many cutes!

Anonymous said...

wow that is such a pretty picture!!