Sunday, March 1, 2009

Eggplant Parmesan

We learned in our childbirth class that eating spicy food is one way of naturally encouraging labor. Our instructor also passed along an Atlanta myth that one particular restaurant's eggplant Parmesan is nearly guaranteed to cause labor. We have since heard about this legend from countless other Atlantans. We've kept this in the back of our minds for some time now, of course. So when eggplant Parmesan came up in conversation unrelated to pregnancy earlier today, my craving kicked in and we naturally decided to head to Scalini's tonight to try their version.

I felt a little silly ordering the eggplant, but I did. The waitress asked me after she brought our check if we were there to try to have our baby soon, and I sheepishly admitted that we were (my due date is two weeks away). She took my name down and said that if I have the baby within 48 hours, we will get a Scalini's t-shirt for the little one and dinner for two for us.

I put no stock in this myth, but they sure seem to -- check out the wall of Scalini's babies' pictures on their website. It was fun to participate in a little bit of Atlanta legend, though.

Now I just have to digest all that food before I attempt to sleep...

No comments: