Monday, March 2, 2009

North vs. South

Yesterday we got the most awesome snow "storm" I've ever seen, only because it was the first of the season and it was in Atlanta. Big, fluffy, sticky flakes fell all afternoon. We walked (I waddled) with the dog a mile around the neighborhood and caught snowflakes on our tongues like elementary school kids. I don't have a waterproof coat big enough to fit around my belly, but the cold and wet was a small price to pay for such an unusual treat. It was a magical day.

The snow cleared up by at least 7 PM, and Ryan and I went out to dinner around 9, driving safely on roads that were perfectly clear by that time.

This morning I was working from home after a horrible night's sleep (perhaps Eggplant Parmesan doesn't induce labor but, rather, it prohibits sleep?) before my 11:15 AM midwife appointment. I planned to head into work after the appointment. I'm just under two weeks away from my due date and over a week and a half from my last appointment, so I have been eagerly anticipating this morning's visit.

A few moments ago, the midwife's receptionist called me -- from home -- to tell me that the office is closed today ... due to INCLEMENT WEATHER.

Um. What? REALLY? Do I really live here? I guess this is something else about which I can agree with the president.

No comments: